Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Blog!

I have many plans for 2012 and this blog is one of them. I attempted a baking blog last year with not much success. So, moving on, I like this new idea for a blog much better and hope to share many fun things!

One of my goals for this new year is to learn how to decorate cookies. I have long admired the skills of women like Sugarbelle, Glorious Treats, Haniela & Cookie Artisan. With all of the supplies that I have to decorate cakes I thought that it would be an easy crossover into cookies. But, do I have the skills? Hmm, we shall see. I plan to make every Tuesday on this blog my "Cookie Tuesday". I will post pictures of the cookies I make each week and hopefully by the end of the year I will have improved!

So! Here is my first ever set of royal icing decorated cookies:















I made them for one of my daughter's friends for her 9th birthday. I didn't have much time to make them so they are pretty simple. They also are itty bitty cookies and I put them in a cute jar with a bow but, of course, I didn't get a picture of that! Oh, well. I was pretty happy with how they turned out!

In case you were wondering, I used recipes from Sugarbelle for the sugar cookies and royal icing. It does take some practice!

Here are the links:

No comments:

Post a Comment